Monday, February 4, 2008

Three Offseason Answers for the Yankees

Tim Marchman - NY Sun

1. Is Steinbrenner going to make out the lineup card?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but i have yet to see Steinbrenner actually interfere with front-office procedure. He barks at the press all day and ends up sounding like an idiot but has he ever actually gotten in the way?

2. Remember Generation K?

Yes. We do. Now we have three lauded and coveted pitching prospects. Woe are we.

3. What if 95 games isn't enough?

I'm assuming he means 95 wins as I'm pretty sure 95 games isn't enough (I believe we're slotted to play around 162 this season.)

But semantics aside, yea, we play in a tough division and the wildcard slot is going to be super-competitive this year. I don't really see how that's an offseason question as the idea is to put together the best possible team you can, not a 95-win team.

No comments: